[outages] Outages Digest, Vol 88, Issue 7

Chris Lowe chris at Dial800.com
Thu Sep 3 18:26:21 EDT 2015

The only true way to mitigate is to have the ability to switch the traffic
to an alternate carrier using the toll-free mgmt system (sms800).  You¹d
also have to keep your routing up to date on both carriers (which is
usually a PIA) unless you are using the carrier as simple transport, and
your company is doing all the routing/heavy lifting.  If you¹re not
already a RespOrg, switching the carrier on your number(s) is not an
option for you.  There are companies that offer this service (managing
toll-free numbers independently), Custom Toll-Free (shameless promotion as
they are a subsidiary of my company), and ATL Communications are two such
companies.

-Chris

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 15:14:06 -0700
From: Jim Witherell <jawitherell at yahoo.com>
To: "Outages at outages.org" <Outages at outages.org>
Cc: outages <outages at outages.org>
Subject: Re: [outages] Anybody else having trouble with	Centurylink
	toll-free #s?

Sooooo... While we're all waiting.. Anyone have some research references
on toll free outage mitigation or 'carrier redundancy"?

My experience is the carrier is the single point of failure and you are
absolutely 100% reliant on them. Ways to mitigate that?

Whenever asked (and I just was), I say out hands are tied. I think that's
true. Agree??

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android