[outages] Facebook firm-down*

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Sep 24 12:43:27 EDT 2015

As of about 10 minutes ago, Facebook is giving out a "Sorry, something went
wrong" message to at least some subset of users which includes me.

The live map at downdetector.com shows large hotspots in the NE and the UK.
I get to mine via Sprint LTE, which terminates in Lenexa KS, I think;
there's a hotspot in the map in FL as well, but not as big yet.

DD reports they've been having trouble today since 0731EDT, but I hadn't
noticed it until now.

Those who do eyeball support might want to know.

Cheers,
-- jra

* Firm-down: Not quite a hard-down; the edge caching server are up and giving a
message suggesting the stuff behind them is dead.