[outages] eBay password changes -- were they attacked?

Jeff Palmer jpalmer at star2star.com
Tue Apr 5 12:44:32 EDT 2016

If it's a phishing scenario, no matter how they store and protect
passwords, they'd be compromised.

Keeping in mind, this is not confirmed, and at this point is pure
speculation.

As for who made them the password police, that is one of the inherent
duties in providing such a service. If they knew your account was
compromised and did nothing about it, you'd be emailing with a very
different attitude.