[outages] ADMINISTRIVIA: Reports and Queries

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Apr 20 17:35:17 EDT 2016

A reminder for our old hands, and a tip for new list members:

When you're querying the list about what you think may be an outage outside
of your span of control:

1) Say what you see

2) Say how you looked

3) Say why you think it's external to your networks.

Say these things in some detail; telling what you expected and why, and
what you got.  This would not be a bad thing to read:

People are going to ask, anyway, and it saves an entire handshake.  It makes
things... SPDY.

We now return you to your usual mostly-silence.  Discussions to -discussion.

Cheers,
-- jra