[outages] Level3 circuit issues in SoCal

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Thu Aug 25 18:15:46 EDT 2016

Just got this:

*** CASCADED EXTERNAL NOTES 25-Aug-2016 22:11:34 GMT From CASE: 11364554 - Event
The IP NOC reported that an unknown issue was causing a link to bounce in San Diego, CA, impacting IP services. The IP NOC shutdown the bouncing link to resolve the issue and return services to a stable state. Tier III Technical Support and the equipment vendor were engaged for further investigation into the root cause. The IP NOC is continuing to monitor and a final notification will be sent when stability has been confirmed.

But yeah, I feel the same way.  Their network has been an absolute mess since they started trying to merge the legacy Twtelecom network together; it’s been really bad as of late, and any redundancy we had via the other provider is now gone as we have some locations with only L3 / TW circuits; both have issues at the same time now if it’s routing related.  Ugh

David