[outages] Level3 circuit issues in SoCal

Bobin Joseph Bobin.Joseph at mitchell.com
Thu Aug 25 21:31:03 EDT 2016

Got this couple hours ago.

*** CASCADED EXTERNAL NOTES 25-Aug-2016 23:03:17 GMT From CASE: 11364554 - Event
Event Conclusion Summary
Outage Start:  August 25, 2016 20:00 GMT
Outage Stop: August 25, 2016 21:50 GMT
Root Cause:  An unknown issue was causing a link to bounce in San Diego, CA, impacting IP services.
Fix Action: The IP NOC shutdown the bouncing link to resolve the issue and return services to a stable state.
Reason for Outage (RFO) Summary: The IP NOC reported that an unknown issue was causing a link to bounce in San Diego, CA, impacting IP services. The IP NOC shutdown the bouncing link to resolve the issue and return services to a stable state. Tier III Technical Support and the equipment vendor were engaged for further investigation into the root cause. This service impact has concluded; however, there may be additional analysis and discovery that occurs as the incident is reviewed by NOC management. Any available updates will be relayed upon event ticket closure. If additional issues are experienced, please contact the Level 3 Technical Service Center at 1-877-4LEVEL3.​

Thanks,

Bobin