[outages] China Telecom Americas

Mike Castoro mcastoro at AdriannaPapell.com
Thu Feb 25 14:26:23 EST 2016

We have a direct p2p IEPL line between Shanghai and NYC that is down due to a fiber cut between Aurora and Denver, CO.  Should be fixed by 12pm PST.  Updates from China Telecom:

2:18PM EST: "According to our Global NOC, the ETR is 12 PM PST (3PM EST), so within the hour."

1:55PM EST: "Your circuit is impacted by a fiber cut at our backhaul vendor network. Currently our vendor is working closely on repairing the fiber and this case has been escalated to the highest level. Once the ticket is opened, GCSC will update the status to you from time to time."

1:29PM EST: "Please kindly be informed that our American vendor feedback it's due to a fiber cut between Denver and Aurora.  No ETR yet."

Ticket submitted at 1:20PM EST.