[outages] Comcast internet in Northern VA

Larry Sheldon larrysheldon at cox.net
Fri Feb 26 18:31:01 EST 2016

On 2/25/2016 13:41, Kenneth Padgett via Outages wrote:
> Got that and PingPlotter running now, looks pretty good at the moment.
> It's highly intermittent with times of serious latency, 2000ms+ when
> it's bad, that's when we're getting the calls from users. Been that way
> since this AM.

Whenever I see something like this (above) after a report of possible
congestion or failure, I think of the old days when I lived in the area
there would be a "Sigalert" regarding congestion on the Harbor Freeway,
and everybody and his brother would jump in his care to go have a look.

The congestion would persist hours (and days) after the original cause
(usually somebody getting a speeding ticket--which in itself would have
been interesting to see).

--
sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (Juvenal)