[outages] Fiber cut between Houston and Austin

Matthew Blackstone blackstone at indeed.com
Fri Jul 1 22:06:12 EDT 2016

Updates so far from Alpheus:

5:55pm
The fiber vendor informed they have located the damage. It is 3.6 miles
from intersection of Highway 99 and Highway 1093. They are currently
waiting for the 144 count real of fiber to be picked up and delivered
to site. No ETR at this time.

5:57pm
The fiber vendor informed us they are waiting on the construction crew
to arrive to start excavation of damaged cable. They are still waiting
for a 144 count fiber reel to arrive as well. No ETR at this time.

7:19pm
ALPH fiber vender informed us their Aerial team has arrived and
starting to put up temp poles and steel cable to connect cable to when
it arrives. They have completed digging of splice pit on west side and
still working on east side splice pit. They are still not able to
provide ETTR at this time.
On Jul 1, 2016 3:18 PM, "Chris Boyd via Outages" <outages at outages.org>
wrote:

I have DIA from TWT/L3/4323 and Alpheus in Austin and I’m not seeing any
issues.

—Chris

> On Jul 1, 2016, at 1:11 PM, Matthew Blackstone via Outages <
outages at outages.org> wrote:

> Our provider is reporting a cut somewhere between between Houston and
Austin that is affecting one of our metro circuits.  Anyone else
experiencing issues in the area?