[outages] outlook.com connections reset

Kathy Dake kdake at Fitzmark.com
Thu Jun 30 12:58:34 EDT 2016

Looks like Exchange online is having issues, we’re seeing intermittent delayed emails (through Office365):

Exchange Online
Incident

Date and time

Status

Details

EX71674

Jun 30, 2016 12:22 PM

Service degradation

Current Status: Findings from our investigation indicate that a portion of the infrastructure responsible for processing Exchange Online Protection (EOP) message filtering became degraded, resulting in message transport delays. We're restarting services to bring the affected infrastructure back to a healthy state. In parallel, we're continuing to analyze the affected infrastructure to confirm the root cause of impact.

User Impact: Users are experiencing delays when sending and receiving email messages. Affected users will receive Non-Delivery Reports (NDR) when sending email messages.

Scope of Impact: Customer reports indicate that many users will likely experience impact related to this event. Our analysis indicates that impact is specific to a subset of users who are served through the affected infrastructure.

Start Time: Thursday, June 30, 2016, at 2:30 PM UTC

Next Update by: Thursday, June 30, 2016, at 5:30 PM UTC

Jun 30, 2016 11:45 AM

Service degradation

Current Status: We're analyzing the affected infrastructure to determine the root cause and formulate a remediation plan.

User Impact: Users are experiencing delays when sending and receiving email messages. Affected users are receiving Non-Delivery Reports (NDR) when sending email messages.

Scope of Impact: Customer reports indicate that many users will likely experience impact related to this event. Our analysis indicates that impact is specific to a subset of users who are served through the affected infrastructure.

Start Time: Thursday, June 30, 2016, at 2:30 PM UTC

Next Update by: Thursday, June 30, 2016, at 5:00 PM UTC

Jun 30, 2016 11:12 AM

Investigating

Current Status: We're investigating an issue in which some users may be unable to access or use Exchange Online Protection services or features. We'll provide an update shortly.

User Impact: Users may be experiencing delays when sending email messages.