[outages] Zayo issue? 03.23.2016

Andi Cook Andi.Cook at onvoy.com
Thu Mar 24 10:21:34 EDT 2016

Just to clarify. Onvoy neither owns nor is owned by Zayo.  The facility that went down due to the massive snow storm and power outages in Denver belongs to Zayo, from which Onvoy buys transport and collocation. The collocation facility generator has plenty of capacity and is tested regularly, unfortunately the generator voltage regulator failed. The facility battery backup lasted for over 6 hours before depleting. To protect equipment and to enable a more certain return of service, Zayo facilitated a graceful shut down of equipment in the building. Power was restored via the primary generator about 90 minutes later and all equipment was carefully powered on to prevent damage and further outages. Services should have been fully restored yesterday evening.

Thank you.

Andi Cook
Marketing Director