[outages] 360 Networks/Zayo fiber cut?

frnkblk at iname.com frnkblk at iname.com
Tue May 3 00:48:34 EDT 2016

Thanks.  Someone else confirmed offlist seeing an IP services issue at 6:16
pm Central, but which recovered by minutes later.

Since the voice traffic in question is TDM-based, it's not easily "routed"
around like IP over Ethernet traffic is.  And that TDM traffic is apparently
not protected, at least not in the geographically diverse sense of the term.

Frank