[outages] VoIP Innovations timeouts/outage?

Sean Harlow sean at seanharlow.info
Wed May 4 19:43:33 EDT 2016

My systems are mostly in the NYC area but on three different hosts.

VI has responded with a claim that their firewalls somehow "forgot" our
endpoint IP addresses and were intentionally not talking with us as a
result.  I'll be interested to see what their full explanation is, because
we determined at least three of our systems on two of the three hosts were
affected, but others directly IP-adjacent were not.  It seems like they
somehow dropped random IPs from their whitelist, which seems like it would
be very unlikely to only end up affecting a single customer.