[outages] Broadvox SMS Outage/Delays

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Thu May 12 11:01:44 EDT 2016

Starting at 2016-05-12 13:15 UTC we saw round trip times for SMS messages
sent from a Broadvox DID to another DID double from 3.2 seconds to 8.5
seconds.

At 2016-05-12 14:05 UTC we saw our test fail (take more than 20 seconds),
and it finally came in 278.9 seconds later. 7 subsequent tests have either
still not yet arrived, or taken much longer -- of 8 tests before we turned
off our Broadvox route:

     25% not received
     75% taken > 20 seconds; average 1015 seconds

Does anyone else use the Broadvox SMS platform for outbound SMS and seen an
issue?

Beckman