[outages] Snina, Slovakia

Mike Hammett outages at ics-il.net
Mon Nov 7 09:32:45 EST 2016

Most carriers in Snina, Slovakia are down. The city (and I'm sure some around it) are cut off from the rest of the world. Most networks went through a single junction about 10km out of town and that junction had an appointment with an excavator.

T-Mobile is down.
Slovak Telekom (landlines) is down.
Most ISPs (including my friend) are down.
Banks closed, ATMs and most POS are down.
Orange (mobile wireless) is overloaded because everyone that lost their other connectivity switched their usage to their cell phone.
O2 (mobile wireless) is humming along, but they don't support 3G or 4G, so calls and texts are all that's left.

Slovak Telekom is estimating 2 days to repair.

The importance of ensuring diverse routes...

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions

Midwest Internet Exchange