[outages] Frontier Indiana Ethernet & DSL Outage Notification

Troyer, Andrew andrew.d.troyer at ftr.com
Wed Oct 5 20:31:20 EDT 2016

Outage.org friends,

Just wants to give everyone a courtesy heads up that in the coming month or so we, Frontier Communications, are going to be doing major upgrades to our regional backbone infrastructure in Indiana.  We will be adding increased switching resources, redundancy and 10G/100G ports.  As a result every residential, commercial or carrier data (DSL or Ethernet) customer that feeds through Seymour, Lafayette, Elkhart and the Terre Haute Indiana central offices will be down (blame Cisco for not designing equipment that's hot swappable) for a short 3 hours in one of the maintenance windows.  These upgrades will not all happen at once and will be staggered.  Customers will only have to go down one time.  I have very little information at this time and will work to gather more details such as dates/times and pass them on as information becomes available.

Also please note that carrier TDM last mile circuits should not be affected.  This will only apply to Ethernet and DSL subscribers.

If any of you have questions or are wondering if your circuit will be affected please don't hesitate to shoot me an email with your circuit ID.  I'll be able to point you in the right direction if I don't have the answer.

Thank you for your understanding,

[https://outlook.office.com/owa/service.svc/s/GetFileAttachment?id=AAMkADgyYjhmNzNmLTZkNzEtNDk0Zi1hNzkzLWMyYjUzOTJhMDZhMQBGAAAAAAAScteIcL65TIipNokyFWALBwC0oGuJCf%2FLSqGd%2BhjvV7l0AAQPXFpTAABeduArpLUyQrSFAxPqxHR%2BAAHepg0PAAABEgAQAKtYeSzoZpVBoqokmQ0xI%2F0%3D&X-OWA-CANARY=aLxq6WcYvk6vVx-Hufo-JOABZ278KtMYTyWRDEw6hP6i8o94oQ24ASVelUSDfR989LilG5K5FbA.&retryCount=3]

Andrew Troyer

Manager, Sales Engineering

Mid-South & Central Regions

p: 260-440-5017 m: 574-214-6449

s: www.Frontier.com<http://www.Frontier.com>

<http://www.Frontier.com>e: Andrew.Troyer at ftr.com<mailto:Andrew.Troyer at ftr.com>

[https://outlook.office.com/owa/service.svc/s/GetFileAttachment?id=AAMkADgyYjhmNzNmLTZkNzEtNDk0Zi1hNzkzLWMyYjUzOTJhMDZhMQBGAAAAAAAScteIcL65TIipNokyFWALBwC0oGuJCf%2FLSqGd%2BhjvV7l0AAQPXFpTAABeduArpLUyQrSFAxPqxHR%2BAAHepg0PAAABEgAQAOgyQ4VouFRHnb2LU2aG3mQ%3D&X-OWA-CANARY=aLxq6WcYvk6vVx-Hufo-JOABZ278KtMYTyWRDEw6hP6i8o94oQ24ASVelUSDfR989LilG5K5FbA.&retryCount=3]<https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-troyer-63031116>

<mailto:Andrew.D.Troyer at FTR.com>