[outages] Comcast outages in Denver metro area

Jeremy Chadwick jdc at koitsu.org
Tue Oct 11 07:34:26 EDT 2016

Issue in question was extremely widespread -- a large portion of the US
east coast (from Maine to Florida), as well as Colorado, Washington,
Texas, and California; I can confirm the latter.

Issue lasted from 00:56 to 04:08 PDT (UTC-0700), according to my
periodic mtrs between Mountain View (Silicon Valley) and Seattle.
Sadly, my return-path traceroutes (SEA->MV) weren't working during the
outage due to a configuration mistake on my part, so I don't have a full
picture of what happened.

For general end-user complaints, the #comcastoutage hashtag on Twitter
has quite a lot.  There is strong speculation this was Level 3 botching
something -- which, if true, makes 2 major outages in 7 days.

--
| Jeremy Chadwick                                   jdc at koitsu.org |