[outages] Dyn outage continuing

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Fri Oct 21 13:09:49 EDT 2016

It is a shame in that PagerDuty is affected.

However, Dyn is far, far better positioned to withstand attacks than a company like PagerDuty could possibly be on their own. So I think PagerDuty did the right thing in using Dyn.

Remember, Twitter, Pingdom, github, and lots of other people use Dyn. And this is the first major outage I have heard of their service.

Let’s all be clear that Dyn has to be in the top 10 DNS infrastructures on the planet. Possibly the largest that sells DNS as a service. This is a serious attack, and the entire community should help track this miscreant down, then crush them like a bug.

--
TTFN,
patrick