[outages] Dyn outage continuing

Andrew Bunde abunde at tower-research.com
Fri Oct 21 13:30:24 EDT 2016

Don’t forget https://bit.namecoin.info/

From: Outages [mailto:outages-bounces at outages.org] On Behalf Of Jason Antman via Outages
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2016 1:25 PM
Cc: outages at outages.org
Subject: Re: [outages] Dyn outage continuing

This is just a horribly painful example of why we/they should all follow the route of NetFlix ( http://techblog.netflix.com/2013/05/denominating-multi-region-sites.html ) and use multiple DNS providers. Denominator ( https://github.com/Netflix/denominator ) the tool NetFlix uses for this and open-sourced, currently supports managing (mirrored) DNS records across AWS Route53, RackSpace CloudDNS, DynECT and UltraDNS.

-Jason