[outages] Dyn outage continuing

Darren Schreiber dschreiber at 2600hz.com
Fri Oct 21 14:37:37 EDT 2016

They run on different DNS servers. One was targeted, one wasn’t. The perpetrators clearly wanted to impact the most damage on commercial services, who are the ones who can afford Managed DNS services, so they picked those to target. Thus, your cheap services weren’t impacted because they weren’t the target.