[outages] Big fiber cut due to manhole(s) explosion(s) in NYC/Union Square

Eric Dugas EDugas at zerofail.com
Wed Sep 28 13:20:37 EDT 2016

We've had a transport link down since 09-26 02:39 EDT leaving Montreal going to Manhattan. The only source of news from this fiber cut is the carrier via its partner.

I've found this piece of news<http://pix11.com/2016/09/26/manhole-explosion-causes-hundreds-to-lose-power-in-union-square/> that matches with the even but that's it. Updates from the master ticket are basically saying "we don't have access to the manholes because they need to be rebuilt", "can't re-route because other nearby conduits can't be jointed togheter" and "no ETR yet".

I was wondering if someone nearby had any idea of what's really going.

Eric Dugas
edugas at zerofail.com
Coordonnateur d'interconnexion | Peering coordinator
ZEROFAIL<zerofail.com> | Openface<openface.com>