[outages] CenturyLink DIA blocking outbound UDP 5060 in TX & IL

Victor Breen victor at impulse.net
Mon Apr 24 13:39:31 EDT 2017

We are seeing a small handful of customers located in Dallas and Chicago metro areas that suddenly lost their SIP registrations yesterday around 14:30 Central Time and the problem has persisted. Troubleshooting steps revealed that outbound SIP from our affected customers to any destination IP on UDP 5060 isn't getting through, but changing their phone configs to use TCP transport on port 5060 works fine.

CenturyLink DIA is the only commonality for the affected customers. This seems to be a regional problem, since other customers using CL DIA services are not experiencing this problem.

We definitely have several customers in other areas serviced by CL DIA in the same way that are not affected at all.

Anyone else out there seeing something similar in TX or IL via CenturyLink DIA?

Victor Breen | victor at impulse.net
Sr. Engineer | Impulse Advanced Communications
direct 805.884.6337 | main 805.456.5800 | www.impulse.net