[outages] AOL instance message login issue

Steve Meuse smeuse at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 11:22:39 EDT 2017

(I assume you were meaning to say Instant Messenger)

They announced a while back that they were dropping support for external IM
clients at the end of April. Are you using the AOL branded client, or third
party?

https://arstechnica.com/business/2017/02/aol-will-cut-off-third-party-app-access-to-aim/

-Steve

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 11:17 AM, Matthew Huff via Outages <
outages at outages.org> wrote:

> This morning, we had a number of people kicked out and since haven't been
> able to log back in. I've verified the issue exists when routing through
> both of our upstream ISPs (lightstream & Lightpath). Anyone know anything
> about what's going on?
>
> ----
> Matthew Huff             | 1 Manhattanville Rd
> Director of Operations   | Purchase, NY 10577
> OTA Management LLC       | Phone: 914-460-4039
> aim: matthewbhuff        | Fax:   914-694-5669

-Steve