[outages] Verizon Cell Network (Oregon)

Richard Hicks richard.hicks at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 01:28:17 EDT 2017

Anyone know what is up with Verizon Cell network in Oregon? South of Eugene
in my specific case.

No service at all for 8+ hours.  No bars.  All phones and MiFi stuck in
"Searching for Service".

Tech support wanted to troubleshoot my phone, but finally created a "Tier
2" ticket.

Lots of reports on http://downdetector.com/status/verizon/map

Twitter is buzzing with outages on
https://twitter.com/VZWSupport/with_replies

Some folks are saying it is an overload of people flooding the area in
advance of the eclipse on Monday.  Not sure I buy that. Why would Verizon
be the only network affected, and why in areas outside the totality?

Official line as of 22:22 PDT from @VZWSupport:
...there's a lot of concerning feedback from the Oregon area but no
official alerts have been issued. Please follow/DM!
https://twitter.com/VZWSupport/status/898413496496304128