[outages] Google's DNS 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

Paul M - outages paul+outages at mansfield.co.uk
Wed Aug 23 06:41:05 EDT 2017

I monitor* the time for 8.8.8.8 to respond to DNS resolution requests
and I've not seen any problems from the UK with the latency
increasing.

BTW, can I point people to the RIPE Atlas internet measurement project:
      https://atlas.ripe.net/
its very useful in situations like this, as well as
monitoring/measuring the availability of your own services.

* I use a munin plugin to test performance of various DNS services,
even though I run caching resolvers. If anyone wants a copy, contact
me off list.