[outages] Ziggo outage in Amsterdam, NL

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Sun Feb 26 01:35:59 EST 2017

On Sun Feb 26, 2017 at 12:58:59AM +0100, Teun Vink wrote:
> Ziggo (LGI) seems to have major issues in the Netherlands, not just circuits
> but also IP connectivity are affected.

Indeed. We finally managed to get hold of Ziggo via an escalation contact which
I was provided with off-list.

Looks like they had (as you say) a major IP core issue. This also affected
their voice platform, which they run as VOIP over their IP core, so we were
unable to reach their NOC contacts by phone. They were abe to communicate with
us by email, however.

Issues started 2017-02-25 16:35 UTC. We saw a slight improvement in the
packet-loss around 23:30, but service was not fully restored until 04:40.
Pretty much 12 hours of outage.

We've not had a RFO, but I'm sure it'll be forthcoming in the next few days.

Simon