[outages] So Cal Frontier FIOS Issues?

W Kern wkern at pixelgate.net
Fri May 12 18:48:23 EDT 2017

We have a client who runs multiple VPN connections to our DC in Thousand
Oaks. One of their many locations in  Valencia with ATT as their local
provider is having issues reaching us INSIDE their VPN, but "internet"
traffic is fine. All other offices coming in from multiple locations in
SoCal are fine.

One of our annouced routes for our IP block is via Frontier and we had
already diagnosed the problem as a probable Frontier issue (and
exonerate the local ATT connection) because we were able to create VPN
links to other ips from the affected location.

Interestingly one of the IP destinations that worked is a Frontier FIOS
static ip, but it has a much different traceroute.

We are now on the process of trying to double hop them back to the Main
VPN so they can be with their peers.

If you have any ticket info we would love to see it.

Sincerely,

William Kern

PixelGate Networks.