[outages] Level3 optical service down somewhere between Kansas City and NYC

Matt Harris matt at netfire.net
Tue Nov 7 05:53:32 EST 2017

I've got a wave between KC and NYC from Level3 (now clink) that's been
showing hard down on the NY side for about two hours now.  I've got a
ticket open with them on the issue, but haven't heard back yet regarding a
root cause.  When calling in to their support line to check on my ticket,
after punching in the ticket #, it rings a couple of times and then just
drops the call.

This same circuit was down for 6 hours less than a month ago because of a
fiber cut somewhere in southeast Michigan.  Not sure how many others were
impacted then or may be impacted now, but I suspect it's not just us.