[outages] Facebook commenting and Messenger down on Safari since late last evening

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Oct 4 13:47:39 EDT 2017

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Charlie via Outages" <outages at outages.org>

> This isn't something for this email list.
>
> Jay Farrell via Outages <outages at outages.org> skrev: (4 oktober 2017 14:23:56
> CEST)
>>Facebook is broken in Safari web browser again since late last evening
>>(this also happened a month or two ago). Can see posts, but cannot see
>>nor
>>add comments. Also FB Messenger is blank. Works ok in Chrome browser.
>>Multiple reports of the issue on downdetector.com.
>>
>>http://downdetector.com/status/facebook

<moderator>
As long as they don't generate hundreds of meetoo replies, outages and
breakage in large, popular, widely-used end-services that will generate
lots of calls to support organizations are in fact on-topic for the list;
this particular problem appears to have been a bad code-drop from Facebook
some time last night; I had Firefox give me trouble with it as well.

It appears to be fixed by this morning; anyone still having trouble is invited
to perform the holy trinity of web app fixes:

Hard reload (ctrl-F5 in most browsers)
Clear cache
Clear cookies and log back in.

For a good rundown on what's considered on-topic for the list, remember to check
our wiki at

  http://wiki,outages.org

And we're watching Nate in the Gulf of Mexico.  :-}
</moderator>

Cheers,
-- jra