[outages] Comcast internet / intermarket networking

Allen, Tom (GPK) Tom.Allen at fecrwy.com
Wed Sep 13 18:35:34 EDT 2017

Seems resolved for us as of 5 minutes ago.

On Sep 13, 2017 6:32 PM, Kraig Beahn <kraig at l2net.com> wrote:
Notice: This email came from outside FEC Railway

We can confirm the same for Jacksonville, Live Oak, Lake City and the entire Jacksonville centered network starting: Sep/13/2017 16:42:37

Includes voice, e-911, IP transit and transport circuits that do not originate and terminate within the local serving area. We also have two Comcast LMA 10G NNI's that are also out of service from our Atlanta site to the Jacksonville Comcast HE, via Comcast Wholesale.

According to some of our internal contacts, the national NOC cannot reach the 6045 Philips Hwy (Jacksonville POP/HE) and suspect a plant power failure, as there are multiple fiber routes to this facility via Level(3) IRU's. In addition, JEA reports a long-term outage in this area (JEA Ticket No. 2005404168) with the latest starting at Sep 11 2017, 2:26 AM.