[outages] Any big NYC fiber outages?

Laurent Dumont ldumont at fibrenoire.ca
Sun Aug 19 10:35:54 EDT 2018

Pretty massive fiber cut (400+ fibers) since friday 3:12 PM due to manhole
fires in NY. Multiple carriers impacted.

The latest update we had looks like this.

Update 28: No progressive changes at this time. Partner have escalated
with ComED (Manhole Owner) for when we will have access to the
manhole. Currently the area is still being serviced and rehabed due to
the fire. Crews do not expect to gain access to the manhole until
15:00 GMT or later. We will continue to push for updates for the
access, and continue to provide updates until services are restored.
We apologize for the inconvenience this extended outage has caused

It doesnt look good for a resolution before monday. It's NY so I assume
that most folks have multiple points of entry.