[outages] CenturyLink Outages this morning

Matt Brennan brennanma at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 09:43:37 EST 2018

Most public safety agencies in Massachusetts posted on Facebook and Twitter
between 6 AM and 8 AM EST about wireless 911 outages caused by CenturyLink.
It was affecting wireless routing, so some calls were being misrouted to
other towns, or even other states; some callers were getting reorder tones
or other error messages. The problem was reported to be resolved prior to 8
AM EST.

Seeing reports from PSAP's that the issue started again in the last 15
minutes.

This is wireless only. Landline 911 calls were / are not affected.