[outages] XO issues in Los Angeles

John Bergoon jbergoon at cspire.com
Wed Jan 24 13:38:51 EST 2018

Turns out JD and I are talking about two different states.  Here is the update from the Louisiana cut I referenced.  It’s going to be a long day.

Our construction foreman confirmed that when the boring company pulled back their bore they ended up tearing out all the cable, wiring and conduit. As a result, there is no conduit to run new fiber through and the fiber duct must be repaired. Construction crews have to dig 15 feet + down shore up walls and such just to get to location. Unfortunately a temporary fiber run above is not an option at this point due to the location being an active construction zone and needed 4000’ of fiber that has to be replaced.

New cable is on track to arrive within the next 1.5 hrs, no ETTR.