[outages] fiber cut due to train derailment in Worcester, MA

Matthew Crocker matthew at corp.crocker.com
Tue Jul 24 11:10:26 EDT 2018

Latest update:   They are running a 3 mile bypass of the damaged area in an old conduit on I-90 (Mass Pike).

07/24/2018 14:47:14 GMT -
*** CASCADED EXTERNAL NOTES 24-Jul-2018 14:46:28 GMT From CASE: 14922824 - Event
The Transport NOC has advised that Field Operation's efforts to repair the obstructed conduit are now underway; however, it is unclear how long it will take to complete and begin pulling the replacement cable through again.

07/24/2018 12:40:24 GMT -
*** CASCADED EXTERNAL NOTES 24-Jul-2018 12:39:39 GMT From CASE: 14922824 - Event
Field Operations have specified that the field crew was able to pull 1 mile of the 3-mile section of replacement cable through the conduit before they discovered the obstruction. Efforts to repair the damaged conduit are still expected to recommence at 14:00 GMT. The next notification for this case will be provided when new information is available for the repair site.

-Matt

--
Matthew Crocker
Crocker Communications, Inc.