[outages] Comcast outage in the midwest?

Steve Feldman feldman at twincreeks.net
Fri Jun 29 15:26:49 EDT 2018

> On Jun 29, 2018, at 12:10 PM, Sean Hayes via Outages <outages at outages.org> wrote:
>
> Comcast is now saying this is due to a cut at another provider they believe is affecting other isps as well.  Any indication that this is true?  I haven't seen any other outages today.

There's a Level3 fiber cut in North Carolina that affected one of our waves:

"*** CASCADED EXTERNAL NOTES 29-Jun-2018 15:13:37 GMT From CASE: 14815828 - Event
Field Operations dispatched to the estimated failure location and upon arrival was advised by local law enforcement there was a truck that struck a utility pole, which then fell across the street and struck another pole, which then tore down the aerial fiber lines. In addition to the fiber lines being down, live power lines are down as well. OSP will be dispatching a fiber repair and construction crew to the site; however, until the local utility company has completed their repairs and deemed the area safe, fiber repairs cannot begin.

*** CASCADED EXTERNAL NOTES 29-Jun-2018 19:21:05 GMT From CASE: 14815828 - Event
The OSP has contacted the personnel transporting the replacement fiber, and they advised they remain en route, and on schedule for their ETA of 20:15 GMT. The next update will be provided upon their arrival, or as new information becomes available.

    Steve