[outages] facebook slow

Damian Menscher damian at google.com
Tue Nov 20 11:36:08 EST 2018

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 7:52 AM Ferullo, Michael J. via Outages <
outages at outages.org> wrote:

> I think the point has been made that Facebook is relevant to certain
> businesses. The argument continues because many of us (myself included)
> joined this list with the intention of receiving *network related *outage
> notifications. Honest question: is it really that hard to create a second
> list and separate cloud services into one list and network outages into
> another?

It's not always obvious at the outset whether a network issue is at fault,
or where that network issue might be.  It's often useful to have multiple
people report in with their location and ISP in hopes of triangulating the
problem.

A modest proposal: any post to outages@ that doesn't contain a traceroute
(detectable by regex) should be automatically redirected to -discuss at .

Damian