[outages] CrownCastle / Lightower issue in NY/NJ area

Matthew Huff mhuff at ox.com
Tue Oct 9 11:04:44 EDT 2018

Latest update from CrownCastle:

Current Update:	Crown Castle's field team is on-site awaiting utility company to assess damage. Next update to follow at 1pm EST or upon availability of new information.

----
Matthew Huff             | 1 Manhattanville Rd
Director of Operations   | Purchase, NY 10577
OTA Management LLC       | Phone: 914-460-4039

Around 3:45 AM EST we lost our 10GB WAN circuit from NY to NJ. Around 6:00 AM we started having issue passing traffic via our separate Lightower internet circuit (circuit & BGP peering was up, but packets were getting lost somewhere in their ASN).

I opened a case with CrownCastle about 10 10GB circuit about 5:30 AM, but when I called in to report the internet issue, their support line I get in the queue, but never get a tech. I imagine they are getting slammed with calls.

----