[outages] CenturyLink Internet Outage in Iowa, possibly Nationally?

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Fri Aug 23 11:39:25 EDT 2019

I finally made it through the queue and was told that there's a possible
fiber cut in the Altoona, Iowa area.

08/23/2019 15:30:46 GMT - The IP NOC is investigating an issue that is
causing multiple routers to be isolated in Des Moines, IA that is impacting
IP services.  Field Operations are on site and have advised that there is
power to the site and no immediate issues observed with the equipment.  The
Transport NOC is being engaged to investigate the transport portion of the
network.

08/23/2019 15:18:36 GMT - On August 23, 2019 at 15:04 GMT, CenturyLink
identified a service impact in Des Moines, IA. The NOC is engaged and
investigating in order to isolate the cause. Please be advised that updates
for this event will be relayed at a minimum of hourly unless otherwise
noted. The information conveyed hereafter is associated to live
troubleshooting efforts and details may evolve as the discovery process
evolves through to service resolution, ticket closure, or post incident
review.