[outages] CenturyLink Internet Outage in Iowa, possibly Nationally?

Brian R briansupport at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 23 14:01:07 EDT 2019

Jeff,

Doesn't appear to be national now.  We had problems with our CLink MPLS across WA, OR, CA, TX, and WI yesterday.  It probably started (for us) around 1400-1430 UTC 08/22/19.  We noticed by 1800-1900 UTC yesterday the circuits we tested were working.  We didn't reactivate any of them fully until this morning because we had had no responses to our ticket.
Also yesterday on the outage map most major cities across the country were a lighter orange for CLink.  Today its primarily the Central US vertical line (OK, KS, NB, IO, IL, MN).
This only affected our MPLS circuits, no IP or voice services.  We also have not received any reason on our tickets.

Hope that helps.

Brian