[outages] AWS US-EAST-1 issues

Jim Hudson jim at inforailway.com
Sat Aug 31 10:57:42 EDT 2019

FYI, AWS is experiencing issues in one of their availability zones.  It doesn't seem to be affecting all services or instances.  We have 13 EC2 instances active, and we only see one instance that is impaired. Below is their latest update.  This may be affecting other services dependent upon AWS.

[07:37 AM PDT] We can confirm that some instances are impaired and some EBS volumes are experiencing degraded performance within a single Availability Zone in the US-EAST-1 Region. We are investigating increased error rates for new launches within the same Availability Zone. We are working to resolve the issue.