[outages] WoW Outage in Charleston, SC Area

jrk1231-outml at nym.hush.com jrk1231-outml at nym.hush.com
Tue Feb 5 15:23:23 EST 2019

Update: WoW has confirmed a fiber cut near its regional hub.

Worryingly (to me at least) is that Comcast had a fiber cut near its
regional hub yesterday, and it was caused by gunfire.
https://www.postandcourier.com/business/comcast-service-mostly-back-after-gunfire-damage-causes-outages-in/article_e43e98dc-2895-11e9-a502-c3d3f593404d.html

On 2/5/2019 at 2:35 PM, jrk1231-outml at nym.hush.com wrote:WoW Business
has a confirmed outage in the Charleston, SC area which began
approximately 12:35 EST. I was told the outage may also effect some
residential customers.
WoW would not state specifics of the outage area, but confirmed that
it at least covers areas of Mount Pleasant, SC (east of Cooper River
in Charleston).
I was told there was no ETR as of 14:15 EST.

--
Jon R. Kibler
+1-843-813-2924

_People who are willing to sacrifice liberty for temporary security
deserve neither liberty nor security._
  -- Ben Franklin