[outages] Verizon Wireless HD calling outage

Jeremy Gault, KD4NED (Senior Engineer) jeremy at voiceopia.com
Mon Jan 14 12:21:21 EST 2019

I'm able to hit #832 (a message stating my test call has been successful)
in Cleveland, TN. At one time we were part of the Knoxville system, but
that may have changed in recent years.

Calls to toll-free numbers also seem to complete with HD voice enabled
(although the calls obviously don't connect as HD voice.)

Placed a call earlier to another Verizon customer in HD with no issues.
Received a HD call from an AT&T customer around 6:30 this morning with no
issues.

Guess we are just lucky in our area.

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 12:15 PM Nick via Outages <outages at outages.org>
wrote:

> I forget the exact wording but it's a verizon wireless intercept message
> saying that the call could not be completed.
>
> I was given the test phone number of #832 to call on the verizon wireless
> phone and could not complete a call to that number with HD voice on.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Nick Paul
> ChoiceTEL

Jeremy Gault, KD4NED