[outages] Office365 outage

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Tue Jul 2 17:14:51 EDT 2019

On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 1:56 PM Mike Lewinski via Outages <
outages at outages.org> wrote:

> When accessing Outlook Web Access I get an unusual error in Firefox:

Perhaps their systems got overloaded with all of the Dymaxion mail blowback?
;-p

> Corrupted Content Error
>
> The site at https://outlook.office.com/mail/inbox has experienced a
> network protocol violation that cannot be repaired.
>
> The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the
> data transmission was detected.
>

> This is apparently known by Microsoft. Via https://status.office365.com
>
> Title: Unable to access Microsoft 365 services or features
>
> User impact: Users may be unable to access Microsoft 365 services or
> features.
>
> Current status: We're analyzing system logs in order to better understand
> the issue and to determine our next troubleshooting steps.
>
> Scope of impact: Impact is specific to a subset of users who are served
> through the affected infrastructure.
>
> Next update by: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, at 10:30 PM UTC
>

> Switching to a VPN that has IPv6 connectivity and everything works (both
> desktop client and OWA). But that also changed my IPv4 address also so I
> can't conclude too much (but definitely see v6 communication to MS).

I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad idea in
the first place.
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair of
pants.
   ---maf