[outages] [EXTERNAL] Re: Instagram is unreachable in Oregon

Greg Brewster gbrewster at ci.sandy.or.us
Thu Jun 13 18:18:28 EDT 2019

Instagram is currently unavailable for our user base in Sandy Or. Web
returns 503 error.  https://business.instagram.com/ seems to be at least

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 3:11 PM Chad Austin via Outages <outages at outages.org>
wrote:

> Instagram is reachable from NC. It successfully displays an error message
> stating the site is down, so there is no network outage.
> https://business.instagram.com/ is also working fine from NC.
>
> -Chad
> On 6/13/2019 5:54 PM, Ross Tajvar via Outages wrote:
>
> It's down globally.
>
> On Thu, Jun 13, 2019, 5:51 PM TJ Martineau via Outages <
> outages at outages.org> wrote:
>
>> Down here in Omaha too.
>>
>> Yes, seems like an odd use for this, but allot of our phones will start
>> ringing when the users can’t get their kitty pics.
>>
>> TJ
>>
>> On Jun 13, 2019, at 4:49 PM, Chapman, Brad (NBCUniversal) via Outages <
>> outages at outages.org> wrote:
>>
>> Instagram down?  Oh, the humanity!
>>

>> How **ever** will people survive without being able to post cute selfies
>> or look at pictures of other people’s cats!?
>>

>> But pour one out for the professional social media managers, I guess.
>>

>> (Down from LA as well)
>>

>> *From: *Outages <outages-bounces at outages.org> on behalf of Josh Luthman
>> via Outages <outages at outages.org>
>> *Date: *Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 2:44 PM
>> *To: *Ian Boyd <ian at sterling.net>
>> *Subject: *[EXTERNAL] Re: [outages] Instagram is unreachable in Oregon
>>

>> Looks the same on Spectrum/Charter in Troy OH
>>
>> Josh Luthman
>> Office: 937-552-2340
>> Direct: 937-552-2343
>> 1100 Wayne St
>> Suite 1337
>> Troy, OH 45373
>>

>> On Thu, Jun 13, 2019, 5:41 PM Ian Boyd via Outages <outages at outages.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>> [image: cid:image001.jpg at 01D521F5.EFAE4F60]
>>

>> *Thank you,*
>>

>> *Ian Boyd, Systems Administrator *
>> *Sterling Communications, Inc. *503-968-8908 www.sterling.net
>> *Hosted Desktop | VoIP | CoLo | Access | Hosting | Fax*

Interim IT Director
City of Sandy/SandyNet
SandyNet: 503-668-2923
Desk Phone: 503-489-0937

--
This e-mail is a public record of the City of Sandy and is subject to the
State of Oregon Retention Schedule and may be subject to public disclosure