[outages] Major Fiber cut Baltimore area

Erik Sundberg ESundberg at nitelusa.com
Tue Jun 18 12:50:19 EDT 2019

Yep same time.

logs show.

Jun 18 10:16:17.903 Central
Jun 18 11:16:17.903 Eastern

15:16 UTC

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Lavin <phil.lavin at cloudcall.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 11:44 AM
To: Erik Sundberg <ESundberg at nitelusa.com>; outages at outages.org
Subject: RE: Major Fiber cut Baltimore area

> Major fiber outage in Baltimore area, level3 confirmed field techs on site investigating.

Approximately what time did it happen? We saw high RTT and some packet loss on an AWS link from Boston to Virginia starting at approx. 15:17 UTC. RTT is still fractionally higher (~3ms) than normal, suggesting it's being routed around.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain confidential information that is legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this transmission is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately by replying to this e-mail. You must destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any manner. Thank you.