[outages] L3/CenturyLink - Cuts in NC and FL

Bruce H McIntosh bhm at ufl.edu
Fri Mar 22 11:09:15 EDT 2019

On 3/22/19 10:45 AM, Alex Lembesis via Outages wrote:
> Rough week…
>
> We have two diverse paths on unprotected services between PA and FL that are currently down.  CenturyLink is reporting fiber cuts on both.
>
> Second Cut…

> 03/22/2019 12:56:16 GMT - On March 22, 2019, at 12:37 GMT, CenturyLink identified a service impact between Bradenton and Tampa, FL.

We got bitten by that one too. Just curious - are you a managed services or dark fiber customer? And did you get early/timely notification from CenturyLink or did you have to open a case with them? And are you a legacy CL customer or a L3 customer inherited in the merger?

Bruce H. McIntosh
Network Engineer II
University of Florida Information Technology
bhm at ufl.edu
352-273-1066