[outages] Level3 or Centurylink transport issue?

Wright, Chris wrightcs at epb.net
Fri Nov 15 15:40:54 EST 2019

864 count fiber got cut by a vertical boring operation.

>>>CenturyLink

This is to confirm that an update has been recorded on CenturyLink ticket x.

*** CASCADED EXTERNAL NOTES 15-Nov-2019 20:21:17 GMT From CASE: x - Event
Field Operations and the Outside Plant Engineer (OSP) have located the exact point of failure. A vertical boring operation has struck and cut an 864-strand fiber. The construction crew is onsite fully assessing the damage and are formulating a repair plan at this time. The fiber splicers are en route with an estimated time of arrival (ETA) of 21:00 GMT. The replacement fiber is also en route; however, the ETA for its arrival is currently unavailable.

On 11/15/19, 3:21 PM, "Outages on behalf of Alarig Le Lay via Outages" <outages-bounces at outages.org on behalf of outages at outages.org> wrote:

    I lost my transit too.

    On 15/11/2019 19:33, Kate Gerry via Outages wrote:
    > Yes, I am currently experiencing an outage on Level3 on a wave between
    > Ashburn and Raleigh.
    >
    > Sounds as if their protect path is oversubscribed.
    >
    >> On Nov 15, 2019, at 10:26, Rob Whitlatch via Outages
    >> <outages at outages.org <mailto:outages at outages.org>> wrote:
    >>
    >> Hey has anyone noticed significant packet loss from level3 or centurylink?
    >> We are having an issue with packet loss to BW media IPs 67.231.13.87
    >> and 88. We rerouted all media traffic to out other DCs, and the poor
    >> MOS scores have disappeared.
    >>

    >> Rob Whitlatch
    >> Director of DevOps
    >> White Label Communications