[outages] VPN issues over Spectrum L3 boundaries

Corey Davelaar hardcor80 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 21 14:18:53 EDT 2019

I had a recent issue that was similar to this.  In that case it was a DDOS signature update on a specific vendors' DDOS scrubber at the host site that was the problem.  The specific tunnel src/dst flow would be dropped, however all other traffic between endpoints was allowed.  Because all the traffic for that specific flow hit a threshold above the rule and the IP's in question were flagged low enough in reputation to be fully inspected, it was blocked.  After whitelisting the IP's in the DDOS solution, all VPN traffic worked fine.

Just a thought.