[outages] US West Coast Massive Tier 1 Backbone Issues

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Apr 21 12:50:26 EDT 2020

Yeah, the CenturyLink ticket is running in another thread on the list, and the fiber cut comments hit the list about 4 minutes before your message.

The internet as a whole has had substantially less Reserve capacity, as the power generation people like to put it, for about the last month, and while I hear tell that excess capacity is being turned up to release some of the pressure, I'm not in a position to know how fast that's happening.