[outages] Major Level3 (CenturyLink) Issues

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Sun Aug 30 06:56:52 EDT 2020

Starting around 6:15 Eastern or so noticed that BGP was still up with them, but no traffic between a home fios address in NJ and our L3 Transit. We have since turned down transit and regained connectivity.

Initially I was able to reach some IPs (eg: 4.2.2.1) from Choopa and Cologix, but now it’s not reachable anywhere I have access.

Lots of chatter on Twitter from geographically diverse accounts...

Additionally, Cloudflare is reporting a problem, but it’s not clear if that’s related to CenturyLink customers reporting issues or not:

+++++
Update - Cloudflare is investigating an increased level of HTTP 5xx class errors.

We are working to understand the full impact and mitigate this problem. More updates to follow shortly.

Aug 30, 10:45 UTC

Investigating - Cloudflare is aware of, and investigating an issue which potentially impacts multiple customers. Further detail will be provided as more information becomes available.

Aug 30, 10:21 UTC
+++++

Charles